WHY COMING TO EL COLEGIO DE MÉXICO?
These are ten reasons why participating in an exchange program at El Colegio de México as a student or researcher is a very good idea:
- It is the most prestigious research and teaching institution in Mexico, specialized in Social Sciences and Humanities.
- Numerous policies, fundamental to Mexico’s development, were created at this institution.
- More than 85% of our full-time research-professors are members of the National Researchers' System (Sistema Nacional de Investigadores, SNI). In some Centers the percentage goes up to 96%.
- We are the leaders in the ranking of Mexican universities for the BA in International Relations.
- We have an international academic environment, and a high number of research-professors and of regular students (19%) come from abroad.
- We have an excellent academic collaboration network with prestigious universities around the world, including more than 65 institutions in Africa, North and South America, Asia and Europe.
- The Daniel Cosío Villegas Library is a leader in Social Sciences and Humanities in Latin America.
- Our undergraduates are admitted to the world’s best graduate programs.
- Multiple Mexican bibliographical references have been written by this institution’s professors, for instance Nueva Historia General de México and its predecessor Historia General de México, as well as Historia Mínima de México.
- Many of the country’s intellectuals and analysts of political, historical, economic and sociological topics, as well as diplomats and high level public servants, have passed through or are currently at El Colegio de México.